healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
All you can taste is the fresh raspberries, the frosting, chocolate and lemon. Here zucchini is not one of the favorite vegetables, and neither is carrots, so I added that in. And it blend into the muffin so you would have never have guessed it. A great muffin to serve to kids that are not to eager about vegetables. Try them out to see what you think.
Makes about 20 muffins
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup peeled, and chopped zucchini
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbs apple sauce
About 200 gr dark chocolate chips ( of just chopped chocolate)
Ingredient for frosting:
100 gr cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbs confetti sugar ( melis)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C
2. Whisk up the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
3. I wanted everything blended in very well, so I added the egg mix in my blender together with: vinegar, lemon juice, lemon rind, salt, carrots and zucchini.
4. Pour into a bowl, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
5. Fill muffins cups and then add some chopped chocolate before putting them in the oven.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
7. In the mean time whisk together the frosting. Make sure that the cream cheese has room temperature. If the mix is to thin, add more confetti sugar.
8. Let the muffins cool off and decorate with frosting and fresh raspberries.