healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their families and loved ones. Here the winter storms has started to hit the coast. Yesterday there were thundering, frozen rain, and strong winds, and today is not looking any better. A perfect day to have some soup. In Bergen I managed to find some pumpkin, as I’ve said earlier this is not the typical vegetable here.
Makes about 4 Servings
2 tbs oil
1 clove of garlic ( chopped)
2 tbs chopped leeks
4 cherry tomatoes( cut )
4 dl pumpkin ( I boiled my pumpkin until it was soft first)
7 dl water ( here I used the water from the pumpkin that I had boiled)
to taste: salt, rosemary, lemon pepper, piffi ( bbq spice), buljong ( stock in powder form).
2 tbs sour creme (optional)
1. Heat up the oil, and add in leeks, and garlic. Until golden.
2. Add in tomatoes, and let fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the water, pumpkin and spices.
4. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Use a hand held mixer, or a blender, and pure the soup. Now you can either add in the sour creme, and let the soup simmer, or you can serve the soup with a tbs of sour creme in each bowl.