healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
These are very good, and a healthier choice that the sugar “overload” that comes together with a sugar rush, and crash of a normal pop tart. I made them this morning before going on my 5 km walk:) I have never had a real pop tart before, but I really liked these once.
Makes 10-20 (depends on the size that you make them)
2 dl Sorghum flour
1 dl Coconut flour
1/2 dl spelt flour ( add more if needed)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp flaxseeds
1 dl melted coconut butter
2 tsp palm sugar
1 dl water
200 gr frozen strawberries
2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp agave nectar
1.Pre-heat oven to 200C
2. Make your dough, mix all the ingredients. The dough should not be crumbly.
3. Put the filling ingredients in a pan, and let it simmer until strawberries are soft.
4. Let the filling cool off a little, and use a hand mixer/food processor or blender. Let there be some chunks in there.
5. Divide the dought in 3 pieces, roll out. And cut rectangles.
6. Add on the filling, to half of the pieces of dough
7. Put the other half of dough on top, and use a fork to crimp the edges
8. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. Remember it is the dough that have to be baked all the way through.
9. Set the pop tarts to the side to cool off a little before putting the honey on them
10. Let them cool off all the way.