healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
This picture is from the older part of Bergen, where I used to live. Nordnes. I love it in Bergen. The past 6 days that I have spent in Bergen, have just flew by. Spending time with my family and friends, and hiking, and training crossfit.
In the hotel “Citybox” in Bergen they have a café called kaffebox. The service is excellent, and the coffee is very good. It was to a great surprise that we “just” happen to stop by there on one of our walking adventures, and was met with such a service and good tasting coffee.
On our way back home, we had to cross the sea. It was a free roller coaster with 1-2 meter high waves ( about 6.5 feet high). My son was laughing every single time a wave hit.
While we were in Bergen it was my brothers birthday so I made him a cake.
1/2 dl butter ( melted)
1/2 dl sugar
1/2 dl baking cacao
2 dl spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 dl milk (lactose free)
1 1/2 dl strong coffee
2 tsp vanilla sugar
100 gr butter
2 dl powdered sugar
1 dl cacao powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C
2. Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate cake, until you have a smooth mix.
3. Put the mix into a pan, and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Let the cake cool of a bit.
5. For the frosting, melt the butter in a pan, and stir in the other ingredients. And put it on the cake before the cake is all the way cooled off.
6. Serve with some fresh fruit for some extra sweetness.