healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
This recipe is inspired by ” Tart to heart”. These goes excellent with a cup of milk, or a hot cup of chai tea. Chai is a spice milk tea from India, the word itself means: “mixed spice” tea.
Makes 18-20 cookies
2 dl (3/4 cup) spelt flour
1 dl (1/2 cup) sorghum flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda (natron)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 dl (1/4 cup)rapeseed oil
1/2 dl (1/4 cup)palm sugar
1/2 (1/4 cup) dl palm sugar
2 bags English Breakfast tea, leaves removed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C
2. Combine the first set of ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, tea leaves and spices.
4.Now you have two options: Either put the spice mix in the dough, or leave it on the side. They tend to have a stronger taste if the spice mix is added into the dough.
5.Rolle the dough out in a sausage, cut in wanted sizes. Roll each part up in your hand before placing them on the baking sheet.
6. If you decided to leave the spice mix on the side. Put your little ball in the spice mix, before putting it on the baking sheet.
7. Use a spoon to even them out. If very sticky, sprinkle them with a little flour, or take them up in your hand and add on some flour.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.