healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
New Mexico is beautiful. That is at least my opinion. It’s dry yes. But there is a lot of beauty in it. Today we went to “White Sands” National Park, one of the great wonders in the world. Since it was hot, you would have thought the sand was hot, but it felt so cool to the skin. And walking up the sand dunes, and jumping down is the greatest workout ever.
Yes, that is a picture of me jumping. It was so fun!
It’s the weekend. And I wanted some thing sweet. As I sat and watched “Cupcake wars” they made these yummy looking vegan muffins. And I just had to try them. They came out good. Here is were I found the original recipe.
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cup ( 3.5 dl) sorghum flour
3/4 cups (about 2 dl) cane sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cups (1/2 dl) canola oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange extract
3/4 cups (about 2 dl) freshly squeezed tangerine juice
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1.Preheat oven to 350 F (175C)
2. In a food processor or electrical mixer, mix all the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
4. Let the mixer go on the lowest stage while mixing the wet and try together.
5. Add in the poppy seeds
6. I used a muffin pan, and added liners:
7. Fill the forms 1/2 full. And bake for 20 minutes. Check with toothpick.
8. Let cool off. Serve with or without frosting.
2 cups ( 4.5 dl) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 dl) vegetable shortening or butter
1 tsp orange extract
1/4 cup (1/2 dl) water
Mix it all in the electrical mixer.