healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
It’s spring and I love all the colors that is popping out. These pics are from last month back in Chattanooga!
Mac& Cheese is something I’ve always linked to America. So I thought I would give it a try. But I wanted a healthier alternative (of course) than the normal comfort food.
8 oz ( 240 ml) Pasta/macaroni ( I used Fusilli Quinoa Pasta)
1/3 cup (80 ml) Coconut milk
1/3 cup (80 ml) Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp dijon mustard
4 oz (113 gr) velveeta cheese or cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 cup (80 ml ) parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook the macaroni/pasta as according to packaging.
2) Heat up the velveeta in the microwave for a couple of seconds to make it a tad softer.
3) Turn down the heat on the eye.
3) Pour the water out, after the pasta is done. Add in the cheeses, and stir well. Then add the remaining ingredients.
4) Stir well, let everything mix well.
This can be a snack or a side dish!
I hope you have a great Thursday! Thanks for stopping by:)
Like me on facebook: Alternativeeatingblog
Follow me on twitter: @AnneKPSG