healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
In Norway we have fish cakes, fish pudding, fish in tubes (caviar), and other things made of fish. One of my favorites are fish cakes. You can pretty much use any kind of fish that you want. I normally use a mix of different white fishes. But this time only had tilapia at hand. Fresh fish is the best, but thawed out fish works too. Just keep it in the fridge. For the best fish cakes the fish needs to be cold. I served this with a mix of sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrots. And homemade aioli.
Makes 18-20 fish cakes
16 0z (450 gr) tilapia
1 tbsp potato starch or corn starch (maizena)
1/2 cup (1 dl) coconut milk
1/2 cup (1 dl) water
1/2 tsp-1 tsp salt
pepper & bouillon to taste
1/4 cup (1/2 dl) chopped leeks ( or green spring onions)
oil of your choice for cooking ( I used canola oil)
1) First of chop of the fish in big cubes. And then add it to your food processor. Mix for 30-60 sec
2) Add in the salt and starch, and mix for a good 20 sec
3) Add in the remaining ingredients, and mix well in the food processor
4) Heat up a skillet on medium heat, and add your oil.
5) Fill a glass of water, and put in two table spoons. Use it to shape your cakes
6) The cakes “melts” a little after cooking in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Make sure that they are all the way cooked.
7) Prepare a plate with a paper towel on, to drain of the access oil.
8) Serve while hot. These can also be served as burgers
Enjoy! And thank you stopping by:)
Like me on facebook: Alternativeeatingblog
Follow me on twitter: @AnneKPSG