healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
First of all: Today is the Norwegian Independence Day! 17. May. Today I really miss being home w/my family. Seeing the parade, and listen to the national anthem, and everything els that comes with this day! But to all Norwegians out there: Gratulera med dagen!! And if you know any Norwegians tell them : ” Happy Birthday” . That is what we do all day long.
I cooked the chicken breast the day before. This is a easy and quick meal. The chutney has a lot of flavor and “omph”. The spices used are boosts your metabolism, and the meal is rich in fiber. A hearty meal, all over!
Makes 2 servings
1 chicken breast
Drizzled with oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, orange juice, and rosemary
Baked for 40 minutes on 375 F (200 C)
Let the chicken rest before cutting it into thin slices.
1 large sweet potato (2 1/4 cups / ca. 8 dl)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp spelt flour
1 ripe mango, chopped
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minched
1/2 tsp cumin
1 green onion chopped
Dash of sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Either hand grate or put the sweet potato in the food processor.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix in the other ingredients with the potatoes.
3.Heat up the skillet on medium. And use oil or cooking spray. Use two spoons (wet) or your hands to form 8 balls, that you flatten out. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
4. In the mean time, mix together the mango chutney.
5. Heat up your chicken if wanted.
6. When everything is ready: spoon over some of the chutney over at the potato cakes, and add chicken. Serve with a nice side salad.
Enjoy! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you found some inspiration.
Like me on facebook: Alternativeeatingblog
Follow me on twitter: @AnneKPSG