Clean Eating- Hash Brown Chicken and Egg Muffins
This is a cleaner version of a good old classic.
1 1/2 lb (650 gr) shredded potatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 cup (3 dl) mild cheddar or low fat Swiss cheese
1/2 lb ( 225 gr) chopped chicken breast tenders
1 cup (2.5 dl) chopped green onions
3 large eggs
3 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
- Spray muffin tins (12 ) with oil
- Transfer the shredded potatoes to a colander and press firmly to get out all the excess water
- Transfer to a large bowl, and add 1/2 of the salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add about 1/3 cup (1/2 dl) potatoes to each muffin cup. Press the potatoes into the base and up the sides of each muffin cup. Making a little nest.
- Bake until the edges on the potatoes are golden brown. About 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F (175 C).
- Lightly mist the muffin tins around each muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Divide 1 cup (2.5 dl) of the cheese among the potato “nests” followed by chicken and green onions.
- In a bowl mix eggs, remaining salt and pepper. Pour into the nests, and spread the remaining cheese on top.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Or until eggs and cheese are melted. Cool in a pan for 10 minutes before serving
Enjoy! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you found some inspiration.
Like me on Facebook: Alternativeeatingblog
Follow me on twitter: @AnneKPSG
See my fitness challenge: Under Armour What’s beautiful