healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
Makes about 12 mini chicken pot pies
2 tbs oil
1/2 tsp balsamico oil
2 tbs flour ( gluten free all purpose)
400 gr chicken (chopped into bite size chunks)
3/4 cup (90gr) green onions
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 cup sweet potatoes ( cut in chunks)
1 cup butternut squash ( cut in chunks)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp curry
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1.Heat up the oil, add garlic and green onions, let simmer until golden, add chicken. Cook for about 6-7 min.
Set the chicken to the side.
2. Add butter in a clean pan, add flour, stir(mixture should bubble).
3.Add cream and water, let simmer for 2 min, add spices.
4.Add sweet potatoes and butternut squash, let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5.Add the chicken, and stir well. Let this cool of for about 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 F (200 C)
6. In the mean time, take out the pie dough from the fridge.
7. Put tbs of the dough in each muffin form, use fingers to even out the dough.
8. Fill up each muffin form with the sweet potato/chicken mix. Then add 1 tsp of feta cheese on each pie.
9. Then use the rest of the dough to create lids for the pies.
10.Use a fork to seal each of the pies.
11.Take one egg, whisk it up and use a brush. Brush over the top of all the pies.
12. Let bake for 20-35 min, or until golden.
13.Let cool of for about 10 minute before you serve.